I’m on a mission to get all children learning through play! My aim is to empower parents and professionals to do this.
I am passionate about active learning through play and throughout my career have seen the many benefits this has had on children.
I know that busy parents want to support their babies and young children to learn and develop in a playful way at home, but don’t have the time to spend hours researching and quite often don’t know where to begin.
I know that busy professionals have a wealth of experience, but sometimes need a bank of resources, training and quick, easy activities to implement into their schools and EYFS settings.
Sound familiar? Well...
My Mummy Teacher is here to provide you with exactly that!
- Research based ways to truly engage, educate and entertain your little ones by learning through play.
- Learning through play cards offering simple, fun ideas underpinned by the EYFS framework & National Curriculum to support your child’s learning and development from birth – 7 years old.
- Video tutorials breaking down the ‘how, what and why’ of development and curriculum for each age, stage and year group.
- A unique membership area empowering you to understand what your child is learning, know exactly how to help your child and giving you the tools needed to use straight away! (Coming soon!)
- A supportive and friendly, free online community of fellow parents and professionals with regular LIVE sessions on social media.
- Coming soon! - A range of research based online courses to deepen your own understanding of child development, how children learn and play and how we can facilitate this to set a solid foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
- A one stop amazon shop with all my recommended purchases to learn and play!
- Coaching for parents and carers to support and empower you.
- Consultancy, training and workshops in nurseries, settings and schools for both parents and educators.
Simply put, I am a mum and an experienced, qualified Teaching, Learning and Play Expert and I'm here to help you! Together we can help your child love learning through play and have the best possible start in their playful educational journey.
More about Ruth
My Mummy Teacher is founded and run by Ruth Lue-Quee a highly qualified Educational & Inclusion Consultant (MEd, BEd, QTS, NPQSL) based in the West Midlands, UK. She has extensive experience teaching a wide range of children and being a senior leader in both mainstream and specialist provisions, most recently as a primary school Deputy Headteacher. She has gained recognition during her teaching career winning an award for her commitment and dedication to teaching and learning.
Ruth considers it a huge privilege to work with so many children, families and professionals and truly believes she has the best job in the world. Children are always at the heart of everything she does. Growing up with parents and grandparents who were teachers, she developed a natural love for education, child development and learning. From a young age she knew she always wanted to be a teacher and says that inspiring children to learn and seeing the moment they just ‘get it’ is the best feeling in the world.
She created My Mummy Teacher in 2020 to support parents, carers and professionals to truly engage, educate and entertain their little ones by learning through play.
Ruth is also a mummy to a little boy and combines her passion, background and knowledge for education with her love and first hand experiences of being a mummy, to provide inspiration and ideas to support you and your little ones, from one mum to another.