This is a fun, clean activity that develops your baby’s early mark making skills and your little one will create their very first piece of art work to hang on the fridge! I still have my little one’s first one he created up.
To explore mess free painting follow my simple set up below!
You will need:
· Zip lock bags (click to buy here)
· Card (click to buy here)
· Paint (click to buy here)
· Duck tape (click to buy here)
What to do:
1. Check the size of the card and cut if necessary so that it fits inside the ziplock bag.
2. Either draw an outline on the card using felt tip (in this example I drew some bubbles) or leave it plain.
3. Squirt paint onto the cardboard – the more the better as it will make it a really nice sensory, squishy experience!
4. Carefully insert the cardboard into the bag and seal securely.
5. Use tape to ensure bag is sealed and to tape to the surface your little one will be painting on.
6. Now let your little one explore and paint with their fingers!
Once they have finished exploring, remove the cardboard carefully from the ziplock bag and allow to dry fully before admiring their very first masterpiece!
Set this up as a sensory bag experience for tummy time, follow the instructions as above, tape to the floor and let your little one explore!
They can draw their own image onto the cardboard first for them to then mess free paint with their fingers!
Want more activities, tips and tricks to play & learn straight to your inbox? Subscribe to My Mummy Teacher here!