Schools and EYFS
I remain very ‘hands on’ in education and schools and work as a consultant and trainer using my specialist expertise in Early Years, Key Stage One and Inclusion to provide high-quality support across the whole primary school age range.
I have worked in both mainstream and additional resourced provision settings, most recently as a Deputy Headteacher and pride myself in taking a unique approach to supporting the parents, teachers and children I am privileged to work with. Children are always at the heart of everything I do!
I offer a range of workshops, coaching and support for parents and staff in your school or setting, both 1:1 and in small groups.
Workshops for parents in schools & settings...
- Supporting parents and carers to develop play and provide effective learning support at home.
- Developing early literacy and maths skills in a playful way at home.
- Phonics play at home.
- Preparing & supporting your child for starting school.
- Supporting children’s mental health at home and in the classroom.
SEND advisory service...
Working in partnership with Cadmus Inclusive I also offer training for EYFS and primary school teachers, leaders and practitioners. Planned in partnership with you, my services could feature:
- Staff meetings.
- Training day delivery.
- Coaching and support for teaching staff, school leaders and SENCOs both 1:1 and in small groups.
- SEND advisory service.
- Individual pupil caseloads – assessments, bespoke individual pupil plans, intervention work capacity building, review and impact judgement.
Training for EYFS & primary school teachers, leaders and practitioners...Contact Ruth
- The power of learning through play throughout the curriculum.
- Developing early literacy and maths skills in a playful way.
- Getting to grips with phonics through play.
- Multi-sensory approaches to learning.
- Enabling environments for effective learning and development.
- Child development: meeting your learners where they are at to launch forwards.
We can then have a friendly chat about your needs and work in collaboration to see how we can support your staff, parents and pupils to get the best outcome for all.
"Ruth brings her training to life with easy to set up ideas and examples using her excellent knowledge and first hand experience of KS1 and EYFS. If you get chance to do some training with the lovely Ruth, aka My Mummy Teacher, grab it with both hands!!"
Mrs M Baggott, Deputy Headteacher
We can't fault the service that Ruth has provided to our school. She is prompt and reliable, listens to our needs and provides exceptionally detailed reports that have been used to support EHCP requests as well as providing bespoke next steps for the class teachers to work on with their children. Her knowledge and experience of SEND is second to none.
Mrs J Gilmore, Assistant Headteacher & SENCO
St Patrick's Catholic Primary School